Intelligent Point of Sale Limited - Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Salary Extremely Competitive DOE
Intelligentpos was founded by two ex-colleagues and friends in their 20's in the response to a need for a cost effective POS system for one of their small businesses.
The software product intelligentpos® began development in Oct 2012 and subsequently launched for sale in June 2013. The company now employs 47 team members in offices based at the Shore in Leith.
Intelligentpos provides an innovative, easy to use, tablet based point of sale solution (intelligentpos®) to small and medium businesses. A low cost, powerful software as a service (SaaS) solution that brings the power and insight of a full scale Point of Sale solution to small and medium businesses at a fraction of the cost. Due to a period of continued growth we’re looking to hire an Accountant.
As an integral part of our finance team you will be responsible for: the general ledger, month end process, analysing financial data and implementing process for the team to follow. You will be reporting directly into the CFO and work closely with other business functions to support our growth plans.
We’re a fast growing company, with opportunity for progression and to develop your career. Due to our growth your job duties and role may change, as a result we’re looking for someone who is agile and can adapt to these changes.
The ideal candidate will either be a qualified Accountant or finalist with experience of working in a small, fast paced finance function. You will also be comfortable analysing financial data and have previous experience implementing financial processes in a company. We will also consider candidates who are Qualified by Experience if they can demonstrate experience in the above requirements. In return you’ll be working in a fun, friendly environment and left alone to manage your own work-load.
- Monthly management accounts
- Monitoring and interpreting cash flows and predicting future trends
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with year-end auditing
- General Ledger accounts
- Reconciliation of credit card statements
- Prepayment and accruals analysis
- Variance analysis against budget and forecast
- Preparation of full Trial Balance on a monthly basis
- Revenue analysis, prepayments, accruals, recurring journals
- Production of VAT and tax returns
- Manage VAT return processing/payments
- Ad-hoc finance duties as required
- Previous experience in a similar role ideally within an SME
- Fully qualified Accountant/ Finalist
- Advanced Excel Skills (Pivot Tables, V-Look ups etc)
- Experience with Accounting software (ideally Xero)
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving abilities
You should have:
- A passion for all things digital
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Flexibility to work later during month and year end
- Ability to work in an agile, fast paced environment
It is a fun place to work where everyone's input is respected and valued. The casual working environment incorporates open channels of communication and operates in an extremely agile fashion with important decisions being made daily. We have two office dogs called Alfie and Milo, music as well of all of the perks below
- Casual work environment and hours
- Casual dress code
- Flexi-time (where appropriate)
- Highly competitive salary
- 50% subsidised iPad ownership scheme
- Unlimited free soft drinks & tea/coffee
- Monthly events and complimentary team dinner
- Quarterly team building events
Applicants are invited to email an up to date CV and a brief cover letter - which references their current CV against this job advert specifically (important) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put your name and the job title ‘Accountant’ into the subject line.
No agencies please.