Intelligent Point of Sale Limited - Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Salary Extremely Competitive DOE
Intelligent Point of Sale provides an innovative, easy to use, tablet based point of sale solution (intelligentpos®) to small and medium businesses. A low cost, powerful software as a service (SaaS) solution that brings the power and insight of a full scale Point of Sale solution to small and medium businesses at a fraction of the cost. Due to a successful three years we are looking to hire an Android Developer to join our Development team in Edinburgh.
The ideal candidate will be an ambitious developer with a strong background in software development combined with a passion for technology. As part of a cutting edge startup you will enjoy seeing your work applied in real-world applications all over the world.
Strong Working knowledge of
- Android development and the Android SDK, with proven ability to develop complete applications compatible across multiple Android versions and a variety of devices.
- Experience of using version control systems, unit testing and CI tools.
- Awareness of agile/iterative development methodologies.
- Experience of interacting with REST web services and JSON, and interacting with them efficiently in Android.
- Experience of database managements systems such as SQLite and Realm.
Would be advantageous
- Dependency injection.
- Knowledge of reactive programming such as RxJava/RxAndroid.
- Knowledge of modern android development frameworks and tools such as Retrofit and OkHttp.
- Automated UI testing tools such as espresso/spoon.
- MVP pattern experience.
You should have
- Ability to discuss and justify your design choices with your peers.
- Strong software engineering skills, and a passion build on them.
- A passion for creating amazing well tested software.
- Experience with issue tracking tools (Jira, Github issue tracking).
Additional Company Info & Job Perks:
- Casual work environment and hours
- Casual dress code
- Standard holidays and flexi-time (where appropriate)
- Highly competitive salary
- 50% subsidised iPad ownership scheme
- Unlimited free soft drinks & coffee
- Regular team nights out
- Monthly complimentary team dinner
Intelligent Point of Sale was founded by two ex-colleagues and friends in their 20's in the response to a need for a cost effective POS system for one of their small businesses.
The software product intelligentpos® began development in Oct 2012 and subsequently launched for sale in June 2013.
The company now employs 42 team members in offices based at the Shore in Leith.
We have two office dogs called Alfie and Milo, music as well of all of the perks above. It is a fun place to work where everyone's input is respected and valued. The casual working environment incorporates open channels of communication and operates in an extremely agile fashion with important decisions being made daily.
Applicants are invited to email an up to date CV and a brief cover letter - which references their current CV against this job advert specifically (important) to email@example.com. Please put your name and the job title ‘Android Developer’ in the subject bar.