Intelligent Point of Sale Limited - Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Salary Extremely Competitive DOE
Intelligentpos was founded by two ex-colleagues and friends in their 20's in the response to a need for a cost effective POS system for one of their small businesses.
The software product intelligentpos® began development in Oct 2012 and subsequently launched for sale in June 2013. The company now employs 47 team members in offices based at the Shore in Leith.
Intelligentpos provides an innovative, easy to use, tablet based point of sale solution (intelligentpos®) to small and medium businesses. A low cost, powerful software as a service (SaaS) solution that brings the power and insight of a full scale Point of Sale solution to small and medium businesses at a fraction of the cost.
Giving our customers the information they need to run their business as effectively as possible
We’re building a platform that enables our customers to leverage their data in a way that enables them to make the best possible decisions to grow their business as effectively as possible. We want to give the little guys the same insights that previously only the big players had access to. This means finding really innovative ways to provide people with that information.
We’re seeking a competent DevOps Engineer in order to maintain and develop our robust system. You will be working closely with the Development team and reporting directly into the Head of Development. You will provide on-going operational support and assist in enhancing our existing cloud infrastructure. The successful candidate will play an important role in the growth of our service offerings and improve the reliability and efficiency of our service. Ideally you will have previous DevOps experience along with a solid technical background
- Install, configure, update and troubleshoot services
- Handle system outages and restore services
- Network monitoring
- Network service administration including web servers (Apache) and relevant protocols (SMTP, HTTP, SSL, DNS, NFS)
- Architecting, maintaining and supporting development, staging and production environments for applications
- Some knowledge of scripting languages i.e. Perl, Ruby, Python
- Experience of running infrastructures via code
- Understanding of virtualization, elastic scaling and performance/ redundancy features
- Experience with configuration management
- Experience with CI tools (Bamboo, Jenkins)
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with monitoring medium/large scale applications
- Experience of Continuous Delivery with no downtime
You should have:
- A hands-on attitude suitable for a young high growth software business
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Curiosity for the latest trends and industry information
- A real desire work in a fast paced software development organisation
It is a fun place to work where everyone's input is respected and valued. The casual working environment incorporates open channels of communication and operates in an extremely agile fashion with important decisions being made daily. We have two office dogs called Alfie and Milo, music as well of all of the perks below
- Casual work environment and hours
- Casual dress code
- Flexi-time (where appropriate)
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Health Insurance
- Group Life Assurance
- Highly competitive salary
- 50% subsidised iPad ownership scheme
- Unlimited free soft drinks & tea/coffee
- Monthly events and complimentary team dinner
- Quarterly fun team events
Applicants are invited to email an up to date CV and a brief cover letter - which references their current CV against this job advert specifically (important) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put your name and the job title ‘DevOps Engineer’ into the subject line.