Intelligent Point of Sale Limited - Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Salary Extremely Competitive DOE
Intelligent Point of Sale provides an innovative, easy to use, tablet based point of sale solution (intelligentpos®) to small and medium businesses. A low cost, powerful software as a service (SaaS) solution that brings the power and insight of a full scale Point of Sale solution to small and medium businesses at a fraction of the cost. Due to recent growth we are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our team in Edinburgh.
We’re seeking a competent DevOps Engineer in order to maintain and develop our robust system. You will be working closely with the Development team and reporting directly into the Head of Development. You will provide on-going operational support and assist in enhancing our existing cloud infrastructure. The successful candidate will play an important role in the growth of our service offerings and improve the reliability and efficiency of our service. Ideally you will have previous DevOps experience along with a solid technical background
- Install, configure, update and troubleshoot services
- Handle system outages and restore services
- Network monitoring
- Network service administration including web servers (Apache) and relevant protocols (SMTP, HTTP, SSL, DNS, NFS)
- Architecting, maintaining and supporting development, staging and production environments for applications
- Some knowledge of scripting languages i.e. Perl, Ruby, Java
- Experience of running infrastructures via code
- Understanding of virtualization, elastic scaling and performance/ redundancy features
- Experience with configuration management
- Experience with CI tools (Bamboo, Jenkins)
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with monitoring medium/large scale applications
You should have:
- A hands-on attitude suitable for a young high growth software business
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Curiosity for the latest trends and industry information
- A real desire work in a fast paced software development organisation
Additional Company Info & Job Perks:
- Casual work environment and hours
- Casual dress code
- Standard holidays and flexi-time (where appropriate)
- Highly competitive salary
- 50% subsidised iPad ownership scheme
- Unlimited free soft drinks & coffee
- Regular team nights out
- Monthly complimentary team dinner
Intelligent Point of Sale was founded by two ex-colleagues and friends in their 20's in the response to a need for a cost effective POS system for one of their small businesses.
The software product intelligentpos® began development in Oct 2012 and subsequently launched for sale in June 2013.
The company now employs 42 team members in offices based at the Shore in Leith.
We have two office dogs called Alfie and Milo, music as well of all of the perks above. It is a fun place to work where everyone's input is respected and valued. The casual working environment incorporates open channels of communication and operates in an extremely agile fashion with important decisions being made daily.
Applicants are invited to email an up to date CV and a brief cover letter - which references their current CV against this job advert specifically (important) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put your name and the job title ‘DevOps Engineer’ into the subject line. Telephone applications are not invited.
No Agencies please