Intelligent Point of Sale Limited - Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Salary Extremely Competitive DOE
Intelligentpos was founded by two ex-colleagues and friends in their 20's in the response to a need for a cost effective POS system for one of their small businesses.
The software product intelligentpos® began development in Oct 2012 and subsequently launched for sale in June 2013. The company now employs 47 team members in offices based at the Shore in Leith.
Intelligentpos provides an innovative, easy to use, tablet based point of sale solution (intelligentpos®) to small and medium businesses. A low cost, powerful software as a service (SaaS) solution that brings the power and insight of a full scale Point of Sale solution to small and medium businesses at a fraction of the cost. Due to a period of continued growth we’re looking for a Technical Analyst to join our team in Edinburgh.
We’re recruiting for a Technical Business Analyst to join our growing team in Edinburgh. This newly created role will be instrumental in driving our growth with our product, through the effective design, management and analysis of all aspects of our business data.
In this stand-alone role you will act as a BI/analytics tooling expert in the Edinburgh office and work closely as a virtual part of our parent company, iZettle’s, data science and growth analytics team. The role will offer occasional travel opportunity to Stockholm to work as part of the broader analyst community in the organization.
The ideal candidate will have a background in either engineering, statistics, quantitative engineering or similar and have a strong business acumen. The candidate will be an integral part of influencing our product and growth strategies through data insights.
We’re also looking for someone who is a self-starter and can work proactively.
- Studies in engineering, stats, quantitative economics or similar
- Strong business acumen
- Preferably experience/knowledge in SQL and lightweight programming/scripting (python, R, matlab etc)
- Ability to travel to Stockhlm occasionally to collaborate with global analytics team
You should have:
- Strong analytical skills and a passion for data
- High problem solving ability
- Ability to analyse complex datasheets
- An interest in the latest tech trends
It is a fun place to work where everyone's input is respected and valued. The casual working environment incorporates open channels of communication and operates in an extremely agile fashion with important decisions being made daily. We have two office dogs called Alfie and Milo, music as well of all of the perks below
- Casual work environment and hours
- Casual dress code
- Flexi-time (where appropriate)
- Highly competitive salary
- 50% subsidised iPad ownership scheme
- Unlimited free soft drinks & tea/coffee
- Monthly events and complimentary team dinner
- Quarterly team building events
Applicants are invited to email an up to date CV and a brief cover letter - which references their current CV against this job advert specifically (important) to email@example.com. Please put your name and the job title ‘Technical Analyst’ into the subject line.
No agencies please.