Intelligent Point of Sale Limited - Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Salary Extremely Competitive DOE
Intelligentpos provides an innovative, easy to use, tablet based point of sale solution to small businesses. A low cost, powerful software as a service solution that brings the power and insight of a full scale Point of Sale solution to small and medium businesses for a fraction of the cost.
We have enjoyed rapid growth in our first two years, and having secured significant recent investment we are ready to take that growth to the next stage. We are focused on international expansion, rapid user acquisition and the development of innovative partnerships to fuel that growth.
The ideal candidate will be an ambitious designer with strong background in design combined with a passion for technology. You will be responsible for providing design direction and maintaining integrity across our projects. As part of a cutting edge startup you will enjoy seeing your work applied in real-world applications all over the world. You will need to demonstrate strong graphics and user interface background.
Strong working knowledge of:
- Solid knowledge of UX design techniques.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills and experience implementing innovative user experience solutions
- Design wireframes for new and existing features
- Conduct user research (qualitative interviews, surveys, ethnographic observations, contextual inquiry, design research, workshops) to learn more about end users and potential product design opportunities
- Adobe Photoshop / Illustrator
- Demonstrate a genuine passion / aptitude for technology.
- Experience with HTML / CSS
You should have
- Portfolio - please specify level of contribution for each item and include info about the process.
- Strong attention to detail
- A passion for creating amazing designs
- Curiosity for the latest technologies
- Collaborate closely with managers, developers and visual designers to produce quality products
Would be advantageous
- Have experience with POS systems in a retail or hospitality setting.
Applicants are invited to email an up to date CV and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org - which references their current CV against this job advert specifically (important). Please put your name and the job title into the subject line of the email. Telephone applications are not invited.