Intelligent Point of Sale Limited - Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Salary Extremely Competitive DOE
Intelligent Point of Sale provides an innovative, easy to use, tablet based point of sale solution (intelligentpos®) to small and medium businesses. A low cost, powerful software as a service (SaaS) solution that brings the power and insight of a full scale Point of Sale solution to small and medium businesses at a fraction of the cost. Due to a period of continued growth a requirement has arisen for a Product Manager.
The Product Manager will be working closely with our Product Intelligence Officer to contribute to the overall strategic roadmap (both current requirements and future enhancements). In this newly created role, you will analyse the current market to generate competitor insight to target future and existing customers’ needs.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working as a Product Manager, ideally within a SaaS organisation. You will possess a good technical knowledge of our product and be able to establish a shared vision amongst the team. You will enjoy working in an agile, fast paced environment where you are given the autonomy to make key decisions.
- Obtain useful customer insight via feedback channels
- Analyse trial and paid user activity in order to improve the product churn
- Work closely with Sales & Marketing
- Sitting on the roadmap committee to assist in shaping the direction of the product
- Balancing user requests with commercial goals, backing this up with business cases
- Prioritising requests and resource to extract maximum value
- Working with head of development to assist creating and managing full product release lifecycle
- Improve the overall UX
- Build & manage actionable development plan
- Create documentation for product requirements and user stories
- Collaborating with marketing, sales and support managers to brief teams around product releases
- Creating documentation for the above
- Experience with SaaS product design and delivery
- The ability to communicate and present ideas effectively
- A solid understanding of UX and previous experience of improving UX within a role
- Managing development teams/ scrums
- Experience of translating product visions into strategies and plans
- An excellent knowledge of how to engage with business and technology stakeholders
You should have:
A hands-on attitude suitable for a ‘startup’ business
Strong attention to detail
Curiosity for the latest trends and industry information
Strong Communication and organisational skills
Additional Company Info & Job Perks:
- Casual work environment and hours
- Casual dress code
- Standard holidays and flexi-time (where appropriate)
- Highly competitive salary
- 50% subsidised iPad ownership scheme
- Unlimited free soft drinks & coffee
- Regular team nights out
- Monthly complimentary team dinner
Intelligent Point of Sale was founded by two ex-colleagues and friends in their 20's in the response to a need for a cost effective POS system for one of their small businesses.
The software product intelligentpos® began development in Oct 2012 and subsequently launched for sale in June 2013.
The company now employs 42 team members in offices based at the Shore in Leith.
We have two office dogs called Alfie and Milo, music as well of all of the perks above. It is a fun place to work where everyone's input is respected and valued. The casual working environment incorporates open channels of communication and operates in an extremely agile fashion with important decisions being made daily.
Applicants are invited to email an up to date CV and a brief cover letter - which references their current CV against this job advert specifically (important) to email@example.com. Please put your name and the job title ‘Product manager’ into the subject line. Telephone applications are not invited.