Intelligent Point of Sale Limited - Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Salary Extremely Competitive DOE
Intelligentpos provides an innovative, easy to use, tablet based point of sale solution to small businesses. A low cost, powerful software as a service solution that brings the power and insight of a full scale Point of Sale solution to small and medium businesses for a fraction of the cost.
We have enjoyed rapid growth in our first two years, and having secured significant recent investment we are ready to take that growth to the next stage. We are focused on international expansion, rapid user acquisition and the development of innovative partnerships to fuel that growth.
To help Intelligentpos achieve these goals we now require a Software Engineer to join our engineering team. An exciting and rare opportunity to lead and shape the ambitions of a cutting edge startup tech company in Scotland.
The ideal candidate will be an ambitious developer with a strong background in software engineering combined with a passion for technology. A candidate must be able to effectively model complex real world problems. As part of a cutting-edge startup you will enjoy seeing your work applied in real-world applications all over the world.
Strong working knowledge of
- PHP 5.6+ (or Python/Java/C# experience)
- MySQL / PostgreSQL
- RESTful API experience
- MVC Framework experience
- SCM (Git, Mercurial)
- OOP principles
- Testing (TDD / BDD)
- Object-Relational Mapping (Doctrine, Hibernate, ActiveRecord)
- NoSQL Databases (Redis, Cassandra)
- Using Queues (RabbitMQ)
- Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins, Bamboo)
Would be advantageous
- Task runner experience (Robo, Grunt)
- SYSadmin (AWS)
- Working in Agile team
- Application-level package managers (Gradle, pip, Composer)
You should have
- Ability to discuss and justify your design choices with your peers
- Strong software engineering skills.
- A passion for creating amazing well tested software
- Curiosity for the latest technologies
- Experience with issue tracking tools (Jira, Github issue tracking)
Additional Company Info & Job Perks:
- Casual work environment and hours
- Casual dress code
- Standard holidays and flexi-time (where appropriate)
- Opportunity for significant progression within the company for exceptional candidates with the drive
- Highly competitive salary
- 50% subsidised iPad ownership scheme
- Unlimited free soft drinks & coffee
- Regular team nights out
- Monthly complimentary team dinner
Intelligent Point of Sale was founded by two ex-colleagues and friends in their 20's in the response to a need for a cost effective POS system for one of their small businesses.
The software product intelligentpos® began development in Oct 2012 and subsequently launched for sale in June 2013.
The company now employs 30 team members in offices based at the Shore in Leith.
We have two office dogs & music as well of all of the perks above. It is a fun place to work where everyone's input is respected and valued. The casual working environment incorporates open channels of communication and operates in an extremely agile fashion with important decisions being made daily.
Applicants are invited to email an up to date CV and a brief cover letter to email@example.com - which references their current CV against this job advert specifically (important). Telephone applications are not invited.